Sunday, May 2, 2010

Unraisable

Unraisable... This week I got some very disturbing news. After a 2 year salary freeze... everyone got a raise in their last paycheck... everyone but me that is. Why? Your guess is as good as mine. As we have discussed before, I know that I am disliked by people with power at work. But still, I come to work and I work hard. And I'm pretty sure I have handled the shit that was thrown my way pretty well. I don't complain... I just work. Still I feel like these people in power can't seem to look past whatever the fuck it is they hate about me, to see just how much I do. What makes me even more angry is that they haven't even been in power for the last 2 years... 2 years when I didn't get the opportunity to get a raise, but I'm sure other people would have agreed I definitely deserved one. Years when I was considered good at my job... and people respected me. It makes me feel like shit... once again. It makes me so angry. I don't know what more I can do. I feel like I have already swallowed my pride... sucked it up... done everything that is asked of me... with a good attitude... even when there was awful, unfair shit happening to me. I seriously have no idea how someone could look at me... my work... my work ethic.. and decide that I am unraisable. But that's excatly what they did. How do I work for people who can't see who I really am... and what I do? It's just so hard to face that fact that some people see you only as... unraisable.