Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Drinking it away...

Has a portion of your life ever just came rushing back? Have the flood gates ever just opened up and brought you right back to a place and time in your life you thought you had forgot?
It just happened to me as I was, get this, watching the Real World. The drunken, overly emotional, screwed in the head antics of one of the "characters" reminded me, of me. I saw clearly the similarities between me and this girl, I understood why. I was reminded of a time in my life, a situation that I thought was gone and buried.
One night I ran into this guy that I went to college with. He was a couple years older than me, and I totally had a crush on him. We ended up hanging out and I got wasted. I left the bar with him, and I went to one of his friend's houses. I vaguely remember being there. And for some reason, I feel like I lost it and flipped out on him. Hours later two police officers woke me up. I had been sleeping on some one's patio, someone I did not know, and they did not know me. After getting the 3rd degree and being called everything from a delinquent to a slut by one of the cops, they called me a cab. The cab took me to my car which I had left near the club, and then I headed home, or so I thought. Hours later I remember finding myself on the other side of the city. I couldn't for the life of me remember how I got there, where I had been or why I was there. I finally made it home, with barely any memories of the night before. So what did I do? I buried it. I kept shoving it down and brushing it off until it was gone, or so I thought.
Watching the Real World tonight, it came back to me and I realized why I got so drunk that night.
I remembered I liked him the guy from college. What I didn't allow myself to think about was why I didn't like him.
When we were in college I got drunk and ended up hooking up with one of his friends. I buried that night, down deep, in a place I thought where I thought it would never resurface. Tonight, it came back. I remembered the guy I was hooking up with inviting his boys in. One of them was this guy I liked. The reason I buried that night... just came rushing back. It is so difficult for me to face, I cannot even say it out loud. I was violated, by several guys.
Fast forward to the night at the club, when for some reason I decided I wanted to hang out with him, even flirt with him. Maybe I thought it would be fun to shoot him down. Instead, I found myself drinking and drinking and drinking.
I left the club with this guy and went to his friends house, now really fucked up, and it all came spilling out. I got kicked out of the house for my drunken rant, accusing my crush of.. well you know. I was miles from my home, in the middle of the night. I just started walking, got lost in a neighborhood and finally needed to rest so I landed on a bench on a stranger's patio.
What I realized tonight was that I allowed myself to get that drunk, because I was trying to forget. I was hoping I could just pretend like it never happened, drink enough that I had a different life.
I was self-medicating, hoping when the buzz wore off, I would have a different life. Instead, the drinking just brought out the issues I had worked so hard to bury. I didn't want to think about what happened years ago, something I blamed myself for. The truth is, I drank way too much for several years. The truth is, I was only creating more issues when I was trying to drink them away. The truth is, there are a lot of things in my life I don't want to face, don't want to remember, don't want to deal with. The truth is, I just realized why I always got so fucked up. I got fucked up because I was fucked up...and I still am... fucked up.

4 comments:

Marie said...

I had my heart broke really bad, and started drinking. I could not have fun at the night club, being sober. I had many nights like that, that all I remember is flashes of memories, and the what my girlfriends told me.

Pradeep Singh said...

I saw some beautful kitchen reviews is more helpful to us.

Treks Himalaya trekking said...

Treks Himalaya trekking company is indoor outdoor trekking and tours operative company takes you that further way to guarantee you has a memorable trip that you have been dream of your choice. We have your choose of Trekking in Nepal for 3 days or 30 or more days it depending of your timetable. We continually our respect to your Nepal Trekking. Whether you are looking for a quiet gateway, a memorable outing with a family or an exciting nature. We offer you with the best progressive information and itinerary leading focused and modified as per your requirements of Trek in Nepal. We are attempt to encourage to Hiking in Nepal exterior motivated to safe and matured tradition as well as conserve the ambiance for generation. We are specialize in organize Nepal travel activities excursion such as:- Trekking, Helicopter Tour, Peak Climbing, Mountain Flight, Honeymoon Tour, Sightseeing, Rafting, Jungle Safari, Pilgrim’s Tour, Hotel Reservation, Air Ticket, Tibet and Bhutan Tour many more. Typical trekking and hiking as unique combination of natural glory, spectacular trekking trips to hard climbing and trekking most rewarding way to Nepal natural cultural beautification array to walking, trekking, width and the height of country.
http://www.trekshimalaya.com
http://www.trekshimalaya.com/annapurna-panorama-trekking.php
http://www.trekshimalaya.com/annapurna-base-camp-trekking.php
http://www.trekshimalaya.com/ghorepani-trekking.php
http://www.trekshimalaya.com/helicopter-tour-in-nepal.php
http://www.trekshimalaya.com/manaslu-trekking.php
http://www.trekshimalaya.com/mardi-himal-trekking.php
http://www.trekshimalaya.com/annapurna-trekking.php
http://www.trekshimalaya.com/everest-trekking.php
http://www.trekshimalaya.com/langtang-trekking.php

Unknown said...

شركة تسليك مجاري بالمدينة المنورة

شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالمدينة المنورة

شركة عزل اسطح وخزانات بالمدينة المنورة