Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Roomie...

So, I have a new roommate. She is never in the way, doesn't eat my food, in fact it's almost like she isn't even here. The bad news, she is not paying rent. But I guess that's understandable since my new roommate is a ghost. Before you write me off as crazy, (which we both know I kind of am) just hear me through. You see, I have a bedtime routine. I lock up, turn off all the lights downstairs and then the boys and I head up stairs to get ready for bed. Two mornings in a row, I came downstairs to find my kitchen light on (a big 4 track light). There is absolutely no way I forgot to turn it off. In fact the second night I actually thought about it when I was turning the light off. I didn't put much thought into it, until I was driving home from work and it hit me. Ghosts can manipulate electronics and often use those to let us know they are around. OMG... I HAVE A GHOST. I don't feel threatened or scared at all. So obviously my ghost is of the Casper-kind. The next thing I thought about was who could my ghost be. I live in a brand new townhouse, so obviously the ghost isn't tied to the building, so it must be tied to me. After some thought about who would want to be looking in on me from the afterlife, I came to my grandma. She was the sweetest little old lady. But in the end, she suffered from dementia and had no idea who we were. So I think it would make sense that now, in her afterlife, where she has her mind back, that she would want to come check in on her grandchildren. I welcome her visit. In fact, it's kind of nice to know someone is looking out for me and loving me from above. Maybe she'll put in a good word for me. We all know I'm not getting through those pearly gates unless there is some serious bribing... or breaking and entering going on!!
So... do you think I'm crazy for believing in the ghost thing?
Do you have a ghost story of your own??

2 comments:

Kim Cadou said...

I don't think you are crazy at all. I have really been wanting to go to a psychic lately to see if my mom is hanging around. When no one is home, except for me, I still feel like there is someone else in the house. I always feel like I see her in the kitchen, which is where she spent a lot of time, and I always have to take a second look to see if she is standing there. I am totally with you and I don't think many people can understand. I love you and hope that you do get some homemade cookies in your oven. If you do, send me some!!!

Living Lawless said...

Knowing your mom... she is totally there! Just to make sure you are doing things right in the kitchen, checking on you, making sure you know she is still around and will never leave you!! You should see a psychic... I totally believe in that stuff!! If you do, I wanna hear all about it!