Friday, November 13, 2009

Give Me Pain

Words so painful, each felt like a kick to the kidney.
A disappointment so strong I felt like I was getting my insides ripped out, slowly... working up to my already broken heart.
Feeling so uncomfortable in my own skin, I was literally trying to kick my way out.
Hurting so badly, yet having an overwhelming desire to feel physical pain... a feeling so strong I was scratching at my wrists... hoping for the sight of blood.
You are the one person in this world I love more than anyone else. And yet you, knowing exactly where I was and how I felt, decided to rip me to pieces.
"You are such a child"
"It is never your fault"
"It is always about you"
"I can never do anything to comfort you"
"Your problems are always more important"
"You are never happy"
"You are never there for me"
"You never ask about what's going on with me"

Kay, I get it. I suck. It feels awful to feel like a failure. But if feels even worse when the person you love most in this world is the one reinforcing that feeling.

No comments: