Monday, September 15, 2008

I had a blood clot...

So... I was visiting my parents and so we were going to have dinner with some friends of theirs and my mom says to me "We're having dinner with R and M. You remember M right? You were such a bitch when you met her the first time." My response... "I had a blood clot." To which my mom said "Like a year later!" She is right, of course, but I have decided I should get to use it as a standard excuse for anything and everything. "You cut in line!- I had a blood clot." "You interrupted me.- Hello... blood clot!!" "You are totally overreacting.- Ever heard of a life threatening thing called a blood clot??" Listen, here's what I know about my blood clot. It has been nothing but bad news. All at once everything was taken away from me... no more smoking, no drinking, daily blood thinners, no birth control, killer cramps and now I'm crazy. So bottom line, I've decided to find something good out of the shitty situation I faced. It's like my get out of jail free card... get out of being a bitch free card... get out of trouble free card. It's my response to all my past, present and future indescretions. Now I wonder how I can use it to get out of that photo radar ticket...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Umm, we never got the script for the thing in the J segment."

"Hellooooo, blood clot!"

"Oh, OK. My bad."