Sunday, February 15, 2009

The day we stop learning...

You've heard the phrase "the day we stop learning is the day we die". Well, I'm going to change that a little bit, I think it should be "the day we stop learning about ourselves is the day we die". I have just learned a big lesson about myself. Sometimes I let my emotions get in the way of doing what is the most productive thing to get the end result that I want. Sometimes I need to swallow my pride or my hurt and simply ask for what I need, say what I want. I have realized now, had I done that, I may have avoided a lot of hurt and I may have actually gotten what I really wanted a lot sooner. I am an emotional person by nature... it's part of what makes me great and part of what brings me down. The hard part is finding the balance in my daily life. It is something I think I have been working on my entire life, but obviously something I have not mastered. I am still learning about myself... what I am great at and what I need to do better. I hope I never stop trying to be a better person... and I hope I never forget... to look for the lesson.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Wow, this is really awesome. Thanks for sharing. is very inspiring