Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Buffet of Friends

Is it just me or does everyone have a buffet of friends?? I was thinking about all the significant people I have choosen in my life, and I realized, they are vastly different. They each seem to fill a different role in my life, and in most cases, they are good at something or have some characteristic that I feel I am lacking. For instance, take my boyfriend... hello! He's a chef... meanwhile I can't even pretend to cook, nor do I have any desire to learn. Then there is my other friend... we'll just call her "J". She is incredibly smart... you know, book smart, and she is a wiz on the computer (the only reason I even have this blog!). Another one of my good friends "Y" is the most compassionate, caring person I have ever met. She is incredibly patient and selfless, qualities I totally admire. Another one of my friends "S" is just smoking hot. I mean she is constantly dating 3 or 4 guys at a time. Men are always lusting over her. She is just about every guys fantasy. It's not that I want to be like any of my friends. I have just realized that I seem to choose people in my life that bring something new and exciting to my life... they are my buffet of friends!!!

No comments: