Sunday, October 18, 2009

Give it up?

Why should I have to give up something I love, just to be happy? Why should I have to change my life, my world, to keep my sanity? How is it that one person can poison it for everyone? Everyone keeps saying that I just need to let it go, let it roll off my back, not let it get to me. Don't you think I am trying to do that? But it is so much bigger than that. I am so angry. Angry at the ways things have changed. Angry that I am physically sick now. Angry that something that used to make me happy, I used to love to do, I now dread. Angry that all we do is focus on the negative. Angry I have anxiety and migraines the second I walk in the door. Angry that it is normal to snap at each other, take things out on each other, blame each other, throw each other under the bus. I am angry at what we have become, what I am a part of. I used to be proud, now I just try and get by. So what do I do? Let one person make me give up what I love or make myself happy? What is more important, my sanity and health on a daily basis or something I have always wanted to do and I am damn good at, even if no one recognizes it lately? What would you do??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lawless said...

Dear anonymous-
While I appreciate your words of encouragement... this is an anonymous blog... therefore, your comment had to be deleted. No first names. I don't include them in my blogs and I certainly don't want mine out there. I'm sure you can understand that, since you didn't want to sign your comment.
Thanks for reading...