Friday, October 23, 2009

Losing your best friend

Losing your best friend. I can't even imagine how painful it must be. The heartbreak has to be unlike any other loss because the relationship is unlike any other. There is no selfishness, jealously, grudges... only unconditional love. The love between a pet and its owner is truly sacred. It's something I never experienced until adulthood. Now I have two dogs, two babies, whom I can not imagine losing. My heart breaks at the thought. Luckily, my babies are still relatively young and seem to be in good health. Meanwhile, my half-sister is dealing with this very heart ache. She has lost her best friend, her cat T-Bone. By far, the coolest cat I have ever met. A cat, that was more like a dog. He played fetch, responded to his name, and slept with her every night. Until 2 nights ago, his heart gave out. The death of a pet, a best friend. It is something that I have had yet to share, but I know I will all too soon. And it makes me cry for all of you who have lost your best friend. I invite you... if you want... to remember them here.... a place where the real love lives on.

No comments: