Friday, October 23, 2009

My Crazy Life

6:00am- My boyfriend kisses me goodbye. I manage to get out a "call me as soon as you are done with work". I am on maybe my third hour of sleep.
Fast forward to 12:30pm- My boyfriend calls.
Me- "Wow, you're done with work early"
Him- "Yeah, they don't want to have to pay me too much overtime. What's up?
Me- "I need a huge favor. I need you to come by here and pick something off for me and then go drop it off. The deadline is today and I thought I could email it in, but it says you have to drop it off in person and if I wait until after work, they will already be closed."
Him- "(Huge sign/gasp like his world is collapsing) Really? Why couldn't you have asked me that this morning?"
Me- "Well for one it was 6 o'clock in the morning and I wasn't awake. I was maybe on my third hour of sleep. And for two I didn't think it would make a difference. You know what, if you don't want to do it, don't do it. Because I don't have time to argue with you. I have work to do and I'm already behind." (Cue the tears)
Him- "I don't even know where I'm going."
Me- "Well of course I was going to mapquest it for you. I wasn't just going to send you out there blind. But you know what. I can't have my boyfriend doing another thing for his crazy girlfriend that he doesn't want to do, having to pick up the pieces once again so just forget it." (Now I'm really crying)
Him- "No babe, I really want to do this for you, please let me do this for you."
Me- "Why couldn't you just react like that. All I wanted was to ask my boyfriend for a favor and for him to be like, 'Sure babe'. Why do you first have to make me feel like shit??" (Still seriously crying- total freak)
Him- "You're right, I am so sorry. Please let me help you out with this. I love you babe. I'm on my way."
Me- "Thank you baby. I'll see you when you get here." (Still totally distraught)

My poor fucking boyfriend. I am one crazy bitch. I mean, yes, I probably didn't need the end of the world sign but did he need the guilt trip from hell???
As I reflected on the conversation later, I was actually laughing out loud at my overreaction, my craziness. Can you believe I even have a boyfriend??? And then I thought, shit. I should have my own reality show. No script needed. I pull this over-the-top shit all the time. It could just be about my crazy life and the people who have to try and put up with it. It's emotional, it's hilarious, it's a little bit like WTF, it's the perfect reality show. Now that TLC lost Jon & Kate Plus 8... maybe they should pick up "My Crazy Life". How does one get a reality show I wonder?????

No comments: