Thursday, November 27, 2008

Tough Times? Not wiping my ass!!!

So the other day I get this e-mail at work, and it's from one of our maintenence guys about how they were installing new toilet paper dispensers in the bathrooms. And soon we would be getting new paper towel dispensers, you know the kind you just wave your hand under and the paper towel automatically comes out. I blow it off, until today... I'm shi shi-ing (that's peeing in Hawaiian!!) and I go to get some toilet paper and realize I'm pulling it from a brand new dispenser. And then it hits me. Just a couple weeks ago we had this nice little meeting to talk about how the economy sucks... and so we should not expect raises. And they were going to ask the people who had raises built into their contracts (not me) to forgo them this year. There was also some talk (behind the scenes) that perhaps another round of layoffs would be coming next year. So basically, I realized. We somehow have money to make sure the toilet paper I wipe my ass with and the paper towels I dry my hands on come from the finest of machines, but we don't have the money to give our people (who P.S. are already under paid... and struggling) a raise. I think this is nothing less than a bunch of waha nui (that's Hawaiian for bullshit). We don't need an ice cream social once a month... or even a bar-b-que. We need money to pay our bills and buy our friends and family presents this holiday season. These "tough times" don't just effect our station. They are affecting our lives. And we should know... we do stories about it every day. So all I'm saying is... I was perfectly fine getting my toilet paper from the slightly g-hetto t-p dispensers, but really, big thanks for making that job easier. Now if I could just figure out how to pay my mortgage.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should watch Tough Times Bright Future on 3TV. That will solve all your money problems. I'm glad I still got my Emmys bonus! Without that, I'd be busted. Make it rain!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!!!! emmy bonus!!! as if!

Anonymous said...

I forgot that not everyone got one, J. Sorry!