Friday, June 12, 2009

Letting go...

I am learning to let go... to let go of the negativity, the anger, the resentment, the hurt. I have realized that all of these bad feelings are only weighing me down. They are not affecting the people that I feel them toward. So, I am left to carry this bad energy. It's sucking the life out of me. I have way too much going on to carry one more thing around with me. I can't do it. Why should I do it? What good is it doing me? Nothing is coming of it. The only person feeling bad in this situation, is me. So I need to let go. That doesn't mean I need to forget what I know and protect myself in the future. But it does mean, I need to let go of the past. Like the old saying goes "to forgive, but not to forget". The only difference here is usually forgiveness is proceeded by an apology, but that unfortunately just isn't going to happen because of the situation that I am in, and so that is just another part that I am going to have to let go of. This is a huge test for me, because closure is kind of my thing. But in this case, I'm afraid closure is just not possible and what I have realized is holding on to this is destroying me. So everyday I am going to wake up.. take a big deep breath... and tell myself I am letting it all go. Maybe one day I will wake up and it will actually be gone.

No comments: