Sunday, June 14, 2009

T-minus 8 days to invasion

I'm being invaded... by a boy!!! In 8 days my long distance love will be up close and personal. He's moving 3,000 miles... and moving in. I'm super excited, in fact I can't wait for it to happen. I am counting down the days/hours/minutes. But everyone I tell has the same reaction. It goes a little something like this:
(scrunch your face)
"Have you ever lived with a boyfriend before?"
Me- "No"
"(Deep inhale through the mouth) Oh"

Am I missing something here?? Listen... I don't expect it to be smooth sailing. I don't expect that we aren't going to get into fights sometimes and get on each others nerves and that there aren't going to be some kinks in the road that we are going to have to work out, but here's what I think everyone else is missing. This isn't just some guy that lives 2 miles away that I have now decided to move in with. This is a guy that I have be in a committed very serious, very long distance relationship for a year now. Something neither of us would have EVER done unless it just had to be done. I think we've certainly already had more bumps in the road that most relationships. We've never really had that "honeymoon period". Ours last for 4 days or 1 week or maybe if we are lucky 2... but in the end, we both know that one of us is about to leave the other... and go a LONG way away!!! Call me crazy... call me naive. But I just really feel like this is right. And the next person that asks me if I have ever lived with a boyfriend before... and then gives me that "poor pathetic you, you have know idea what you're in for, your relationship is doomed face" is really going to get it. Just giving you all fair warning.

No comments: