Sunday, July 12, 2009

A volatile relationship...

What is a volitale relationship?? Is it a good thing?? A bad thing?? Perhaps a little bit of both. I know when you take the word volatile on its own.. it has negative connotations. But I can't help but think I kind of have a volatile realationship and I don't neccessarily think it is a bad thing. Let me explain... first of all... I am completely in love... with an amazing man who loves me just as much. But as anyone who knows me will tell you... I am also a very passionate, very emotional person. That means when you piss me off, hurt me feelings, etc... it doesn't just slide off my back. I, for good or bad, found myself a man who, for a man, is emotional too. He is sensitive to criticism... and people not supporting him or having his back. Sometimes, our emotions collide... sometimes we have a volitale relationship. We yell... not name-calling or in a mean/hurtful way, but we yell! Sometimes we pout and shut each other out for a period of time. We do fight hard.... but we also make up hard... and we are learning to communicate well with each other. And more importantly than that... I think it all stems from the fact that we love each other so much. Are we volatile?? At times.. yes... but... in the end... we are always loving each other... always there for each other. In the end... we are each other's best friends, partners-in-crime, he is the love of my life. Do we fight hard... hell yeah! But we make up quickly... learn something about each other... and move on. Maybe it's volitale. But I wouldn't trade it in for anything!!!

No comments: