Sunday, December 14, 2008

Discriminated, Freezing & Annoyed: Not a good combination!

The Cardinals vs Vikings. Already I was torn, I have loved the Vikings since I was a little girl, but the Cardinals are playing well... and it would be nice to have some good football in the valley. So I ended up wearing a red Adrian Peterson T-shirt. The incognito Vikings fan!! I figured it would be a close game and I would spend the entire time cheering right... WRONG!
So first... It was freezing today. No sun, barely 50-degrees and we were tailgating outside. Sometimes I forget it can get cold in AZ and so I had a jacket but I definitely should have had one more layer on and a hat. So finally we are making our way to the stadium and I am super excited... 1. for the game and 2. to get out of the freezing cold. We get to the lines and the girls have to go through one side, boys through the other, because you have to be patted down. So I get in my line and the guy says to me, you can't take that bag in. Shocked, I respond "What?"
"It's too big."
"What do you mean it's too big??" (I mean I have a fairly large purse, but it's not a duffle bag, and they search them so why does it matter what size it is??)
"It can only be 12 inches, by 12 inches" (First of all, since when?? and second of all why?? That doesn't even make sense. If you are going to search my bag why does it matter how big it is. Do you think I am hiding bomb making materials in here?? Do I look like a purse terrorist to you?)
Then right before my eyes, we see the same man that just yelled at me let another woman with a big purse go through. So we say something to him, and he says "Oh, they'll catch her up there."
So not only is there rule a whole bunch of bullshit, but they are also not enforcing it all the time.
So we switch lines and I try again. Same story here, only this time I run into a very angry woman who says it said it on my ticket and I should already know not to try to bring it in. Where the fuck are we?? Even the airport let's me carry my purse on to the plane???
So after we walk all the way back and stash my purse in one of Andy's friends cars... we are finally allowed into the game. I am super excited. We make our way to our seats... (great seats by the way... club level... that means special!) and immediately I realize the roof is open. It's like 50 fucking degrees... cloudy... and now its freezing in the stadium too!!! Who makes these stupid decisions?? I asked someone who told me the NFL insisted the roof was open for the game, even if it rained. Are you f-ing kidding me?? Isn't that why we have a roof... for when it's too hot, or too cold??
And finally... we were sitting right in front of these drunk Vikings fans (fans who were giving Minnesota a bad name PS) They were so loud... and inappropriate.. and they yelled about everything. And the woman's voice was like nails on a chalkboard. Seriously, I'm all for cheering... standing... clapping when things happen. But I just don't think it's neccessary to always be screaming!! Basically what I am saying is if you have an annoy voice... shut the fuck up!!!
But despite all that, I had a great time...
Vikings spanked the Cardinals.... 35-14... It was like a win-win game for me. Andy was great to hang out with!! And we had some good food.
But seriously... it should not be that difficult to get into a football game (especially one I have a ticket for)... I should not be freezing inside the stadium.. and annoying fans should learn how to shut the fuck up.
((Just one last thing... I read the back of my ticket... and no where did it say that my purse could be no bigger than 12x12... so also... they are f-ing liars!!!
Now I'm really done!!!))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least the Cars didn't win. Their fans get hella annoying then.