Friday, December 12, 2008

Let down... and not gently

Every once in a while we all get let down... even by our closest, best, most thoughtful and caring friends. But it doesn't mean I have to like it. When you needed me I dropped everything to be there... to do whatever was needed to make you feel better. To support... to love... And today, I needed you. I needed you to help me feel better. To do me a favor so that I could make it through my day. A favor I asked for way in advance... and you promised you would do. But instead you decided shopping was more important... so you blew me off. You left me to spend the entire day at work in pain... knowing full well what I would be going through. But perhaps even worse... you made my babies suffer... 24 hours with no bathroom breaks... meant two nice big pee spots on my carpet when I got home. And I can't blame them. It's my fault really. They are my responsibility... and I shouldn't have forgotten my meds... but you still let me down. It doesn't mean I don't love you... or that I love you any less... but you picked shopping over me... and that's just a sad fact. One I hope never happens again...
The lesson here my friends... we all make mistakes... we all fuck up... we all make bad choices...
But I think when we put something as stupid as say "shopping" in front of our friends... we are really dropping the ball.
Time to pick it up... learn from our mistakes... make our apologies and move on.
You don't let great friends go over stupid things like this.. but you certainly don't let them slide either.
I just think everyday you should be asking yourself.. what kind of friend do I want to be... and what kind of friend am I being?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you should have hollered at me! I had to leave work early because I had too many hours worked this pay period and had absolutely nothing to do.