Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Crawl before you walk

What's that saying... "you have to learn how to crawl before you can walk"?? Well I am crawling again and praying I can figure out this walking thing. I feel like a toddler all over again. Except I don't have a cushey diaper to land on if I fall down!! That's right folks... the cast is off and it's now time for me to start walking again. Easier said than done. My right calf is seriously half the size of the left one and I feel like I have no control over the muscles in my ankle. Every movement is painful... but I have to do it... I have to push through. That's what happens when muscles aren't used in 7 weeks and your ankle is completely rebuilt with a bunch of metal!! So I'm in a walking cast, but I can't yet walk in it. I have to use crutches to help, hopefully not for long. Anyway, the bottom line is I'm back to crawling... using that couch to pull myself up... and hoping to soon be able to take my first steps. Get your video cameras ready kids...

No comments: