Monday, March 2, 2009

Jury Dreams Dashed

All my jury duty hopes and dreams were dashed today. Believe it or not, I was actually looking forward to jury duty. Not that I wanted to get picked, just that I wanted to go see what it was all about. My instructions were simple. Call at 11am to hear when your group number is to report for jury duty today. I was ready and waiting at 11am. I anxiously dialed the number and the recording began... "please listen to the message all the way to the end. Groups number .... are to report to the Courthouse at 12:45am. Groups.... and 8501 (my group)... are released. If your services are needed in the future, you will receive another summons." Ahh... the heartbreak... no jury duty. Maybe I was just curious since the courts are something I deal with at work all the time... maybe I should be counting my blessings that I didn't get called. But I can't help but feeling a little bit cheated. Did you know that neither one of my parents have ever been called for jury duty either?? I think it's the name!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your parents have never been called??!!!
i have been called for jury duty more than anyone i know - even folks twice as old as i am!! i think it's because i moved around so much - every time i hit a new county, a new state, my name popped to the top of the list for jury duty.

Anonymous said...

No never been called either of them... but been registered to vote for forever!! Crazy huh? My mom said there was this time period where all of their friends were getting called and they were just sure they were gonna get a summons... but nothing!! Can you believe it... I'm telling you... It's all in the name!!!