Sunday, March 8, 2009

Douche Bag vs. Dick Head

Did you know there was a difference?? I didn't really either, but my new frenemy made that abundantly clear last night. Let me start at the beginning... so my friend (real friend) wanted us to go meet this new guy she is interested in at some unheard of bar. We, being the loyal girlfriends that we are, of course said yes. So we get there. And her boy toy, his brother, and their two friends are already there. We immediately lose our one friend to the infatuation conversation. So R and I decide to try and be nice and strike up a friendly convo of our own with his friends. Bad idea!! The frenemy is basically acting like a douche bag, which I of course tell him. He says it's all part of the game to make his friend look good. We tell him it is definitely working. He gets pissed off. So now we have to make nice. So R tells him it's okay, I'm a bitch. I agree, he agrees and now we are all friends again. For a second... then the frenemy decides to totally insult our job, something I find no humor in... and I decide I am over him and the exhausting conversation. So R and I are talking amongst ourselves when his so-called "nice" friend (I call bullshit... he's a total player hiding in sheep's clothing!!!) says "frenemy" has something to say to us. He half-ass apologizes for insulting our job but says that it's all because we called him a douche bag and he is NOT a douche bag, he is a dick head. I, trying not to laugh, ask what the difference is. He then, very seriously, explains to me that there is a HUGE DIFFERENCE. A douche bag is someone who is a loser all the time. They have nothing going for them in all aspects of their life. A dick head is someone who can turn their douche bag behavior on and off. "Oh well now I see," I pretend to care. "I promise that from now on "frenemy", I will always refer to you as a dick head and never a douche bag. I really apologize." So then "frenemy" and I were back on each other's good side... at least for another 5 minutes. The length we have to go to sometimes to stroke a man's ego... ridiculous!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i missed most of this exchange, but i can just picture him explaining douche bag vs. dick head, and i'm cracking up. he was hilarious!