Friday, March 20, 2009

Curse of Cursing

So the other day I get cornered and scolded by a manager at work (not my manager, not even a manager in my department) about my cursing. Apparently, it is too often and I quote "a poor representation" of our company. Now this would be all fine and dandy if I were the only person at my work that swore. Or even perhaps if I was the worst offender. But none of that is the case. It feels like I was just singled out, for what reason? I have no idea. But the point is, if you want to ban the cursing, then ban it company-wide. Not just for me. Now I feel totally on edge. I am constantly trying to check my swearing so as not to offend anyone or worse yet, be a bad example at work. So basically that fact that I occasionally swear at work now has me walking on egg shells every day. And do you know what I have to say about all this??? It's a bunch of fucking bullshit... Why the hell should I have any different rules than any of the other douche bags at work?? Let's put the swearing ban to a vote... I'm pretty sure that I can tell you how it would end... with double middle fingers... all around!!!

No comments: