Sunday, March 1, 2009

Scootin' Around Town

So last night was a big night... I took the scooter out on the town for the very first time! It was a birthday party for one of the guys I work with at a brewery/bar/restaurant. I've been there before, so I knew it was pretty spacious and that they had a lot of tables and so I figured the scooter and I could handle it. It was totally wierd getting ready (I can't remember when the last time I have really put make-up on was). I arranged it so that I would meet two of my co-workers/girlfriends there, so we could all go in together, just in case I needed help getting through a crowd. It all worked out great. They had tables and chairs for us to sit at, so we plopped down and got a beer and kicked it. We were having a great time until about 12:30, the birthday boy and his crew decided they wanted to go to a different bar. I have been to that bar too and I knew it was not going to be scooter friendly. So we passed (well we being one of my girls and I... somewhere along the way our third friend became enchanted with a glasses-wearing, way-too-skinny, t-shirt over long sleeved shirt, I think I'm hotter than I am, asshole who happened to be friends with the birthday boy. Did I mention he decided to tell us all that he was f-ing two girls right now?? Good for you bro! I feel sorry for them!) So she left... and R and I stayed with another very drunk co-worker and his friend. We were all enjoying ourselves... but I was tired of standing and needed to sit. So I sat down on my scooter. Well a few minutes later, our very drunk co-worker decided that it was time for us to go to another bar, so he began to drag me... sitting on my scooter... out of the bar. I can already see this going badly so I am pleading with R for help... when we hit the ramp up to the patio and sure enough my scooter tips and I go flying off... landing on my ass... my good and my bad foot. It hurts like hell, but on top of that... EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE PLACE IS STARING AT ME. As if the girl on the scooter with the red sparkly cast didn't draw enough attention, now she's on the ground!!! Anyway, our co-worker's friend picks me up and I scoot my way out. Our very drunk co-worker feels awful. I'm not mad, just now it a lot of pain and it's time for me to call it a night. So R and I head home. Overall I would say it was a successful night out, but the moral of the story is... you can never predict what the drunks will do with your wheels... NEVER LET YOUR GUARD DOWN OR YOUR BRAKE OFF!!

No comments: